The temple dedicated on 29 August, 1899 operated as the center of the Israelite faith until the 1940’s, then following the war for some time it was used for the storage of the furniture of the deported Jews. The measurement of the building and the reconstruction plan of it was prepared by architect Lombár Pál and architectural engineer Sedlmayr Jánosné. After the reconstruction, the leadership of the town handed over for management the synagogue to the Damjanich János Museum. By that, one of the most beautiful exhibition place of the country, the Gallery of Szolnok started its operation exclusively with cultural – artistic profile.
The Synagogue of Szolnok operated as a religious building until 1940, then the town made is reconstructed it in 1960 since when it is operating within the walls of the Gallery of Szolnok. The gallery, together with the Tabán country house is a member institution of the Damjanich János Museum. Here you can see the exhibition of the Art Colony of Szolnok, and regularly hosts periodical exhibitions, as well. The bust of the architect Baumhorn Lipót, the work of Ferenc Simon, is located in front of the synagogue building.
Address: Szolnok, Templom út 2, 5000
Phone no.: +36 56 421 602
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com